The Load Back is the obvious choice for the person who uses their rig for work, and play, and doesn’t want a boxy rack that completely ruins the look of their rig. The Load Back, which is made up of a Full Back with the VBack (movable rear hoop), creates a solid, reversible and removable hauling platform. It’s uniquely raked patent pending design affords head room for getting into the truck bed, or extra hauling potential for longer loads. And, at the end of the week when the work is done, the VBack can be moved into “play” position at the cab forming an aggressive dual “roll-bar” look. Backbone’s own beefy custom aluminum extrusions, and TIG-welded construction are the quality you’d expect from an American made product. And whether it’s work or play, the Load Back does it all with an attitude. The Load Back comes stock coated in our durable matte black powder.
- Standard Height: Our most popular version which sits slightly above the cab to allow for hauling rigid loads over the cab without contacting the cab while still maintaining visual appeal. The third brake light remains unobstructed.
- Low Profile: Sleek, Flush with the cab look.
- High Boy: Extra tall rack with extra cab clearance for hauling that requires maximum clearance.
- Available in Low Profile, Standard, and High Profile packages
- Adding the Cutout option allows for pass through from a rear sliding window
- Low Profile Skull Screens require mounting an after-market 3rd brake light as they cover the existing 3rd light
Four Knuckles are included in each kit. Usable throughout all Back Bone rack configurations including the headache loops themselves, these versatile tie-downs actually invite use by design. Their proprietary “death-grip” technology helps them stay put under a load, while their ability to be flipped 45 degrees helps them subdue even the most unruly loads.
Custom Colors & Finishes
Custom colors and finishes are available for an additional cost. Please use our contact form to request a quote for your specific needs.